FAQ
# New Ticket Created by Father Chrysostomos
# Please include the string: [perl #128294]
# in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
# <URL: https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=128294 >

I found this change to bisect-runner.pl very helpful. Is applying this a good idea? I will go ahead in a few days if nobody objects.

Father Chrysostomos

Search Discussions

• Tony Cook via RT at May 30, 2016 at 11:37 pm

On Mon May 30 13:30:45 2016, sprout wrote:
    I found this change to bisect-runner.pl very helpful. Is applying
    this a good idea? I will go ahead in a few days if nobody objects.
    It really should test and skip if the test fails.

Tony

---
    via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: new
  • Father Chrysostomos via RT at May 31, 2016 at 12:50 am

On Mon May 30 16:37:38 2016, tonyc wrote:
    On Mon May 30 13:30:45 2016, sprout wrote:
    I found this change to bisect-runner.pl very helpful. Is applying
    this a good idea? I will go ahead in a few days if nobody objects.
    It really should test and skip if the test fails.
    First, I don’t know bisect-runner.pl or git-bisect well enough to make that change; secondly, it would not have helped for my use case, since I was getting module failures adjacent to the commit responsible for fixing the crash I’m trying to track.

So, perhaps for my use case I could add a separate --no-module-tests option. Any objections to that?

Father Chrysostomos

---
    via perlbug: queue: perl5 status: open
  • Tony Cook at May 31, 2016 at 2:01 am

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 05:50:01PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
    On Mon May 30 16:37:38 2016, tonyc wrote:
    On Mon May 30 13:30:45 2016, sprout wrote:
    I found this change to bisect-runner.pl very helpful. Is applying
    this a good idea? I will go ahead in a few days if nobody objects.
    It really should test and skip if the test fails.

No, that sounds fine to me.

Tony
  • Father Chrysostomos via RT at May 31, 2016 at 1:36 pm

On Mon May 30 19:01:20 2016, tonyc wrote:
    On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 05:50:01PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT
    wrote:
    So, perhaps for my use case I could add a separate --no-module-tests
    option. Any objections to that?
    No, that sounds fine to me.
    I have added such an option in commit 6830146.

Father Chrysostomos